Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life Onboard

We had two full days at sea and we didn everything from afternoon tea to a "create your own towel animal" class. Really, the pictures tell the story better than I ever could :)

Afternoon tea - pinkies up!
Angie and I with snacks!
Mom, Dad and I at the first formal night
Angie and I at the comedian - Eryx too!
Painted toes! Guess who!
Janice and I at dinner
Actually, this next picture deserves a story. We were all sitting in the Folies lounge (big lounge where all of the shows are performed) and one of the Carnival Legend Entertainment Crew members got on stage and asked for volunteers. Angie volunteered. As I was cheering for Angie (because she rocks,) apparently I volunteered as well. So, there we were, six women standing on stage with everyone in the audience staring at us. And the game? We all had to make paper airplanes and the one that flew the farthest won. The big prize was a bottle of champagne, a medal and a 14 carat gold plastic ship on a stick (a very coveted prize for some.) We had one minute to create our plane. This was plenty of time for me, I made my plane exactly as my dad taught me many many years ago (go dad!) After our minute was up, we took turns throwing our planes into the audience. Well, lets just say, apparently I was the only one who knew how to create a paper airplane and thus I was the winner! I hopped off of the stage and walked up to my dad and said "look, you taught me a useful skill!" to which he replied something like "that's what happens when you listen to me." Here is a picture of me with all of my prizes (and some extra arms...thanks for helping me show off my prizes James!!) Oh yea, and my uber awesome paper airplane is also in the picture (courtesy of Val's arm.)

Me with one of my towel animal creations
Angie with her swan!

No comments:

Post a Comment