Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Little Aussie Bakery

While we were in San Antonio, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to visit The Little Aussie Bakery.  I've ordered plenty of bread from this place, and it ROCKS!  But...unlike most gluten free bakeries, this one also has a completely gluten free RESTAURANT!  OMG!  Michele and Joe agreed to try it out with me.  After driving down a pretty shady road (yay google maps directions) to get there, we finally arrived!  I decided that after a 4 hour drive, there was NO way I was waiting for a table...so I made resevations.  And they had a cute little sign on the table waiting for me!  Bonus points.  The menu has a bunch of different options, so we decided to try a variety.  Joe and I ordered a lamb sandwich (it had a fun name but I seem to have forgotten it.)  Michele got a pasta bake.  We also ordered some garlic bread for the table and a pizza to split.  Yum.  PS - It was a lot of food.  They give you bread with all of the meals, I was SO excited to be able to eat the bread put on a table in front of me.  Even M&J said it was tasty.  Then the garlic bread came.  It was pretty epic.  But...nothing compared to the pizza.  I think I ate almost the whole thing that day (not in one seating, of course!)  The lamb sandwich was good, as well, but all I really remember is the pizza.  All in all, it was an awesome meal!  And I will definintely be making San Antonio a regular trip...JUST to visit this place!

The sign ALL for me!

The menu!


Me eating BREAD!

Our order of garlic bread

THE PIZZA!!!

My first piece of THE PIZZA

My sandwich

Leftovers....see...told you we ordered a lot!


TWO thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment