Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Hotel

I am staying at the Okura Frontier Hotel in Tsukuba.  There are two buildings in the hotel, one is the main building and one is called “the Annex” and I am in the Annex, on the 5th floor.  The rooms in the annex are in a giant circle (technically a square) around the pool.  So, when I walk out my door, I can look down and see the pool.  Kind of cool.  It costs 1000 Yen (~$13) to use the pool.  Good thing I forgot my bathing suit. 

The hotel room is pretty much like any normal hotel room.  I have two twin beds (one to hold the feather blankets that I cannot use and one to sleep on,) a desk, a television and all of the normal things that are supposed to exist in the bathroom.  The toilet doubles as a bidet.  To date, I haven’t used that feature.  I’ll keep you posted, but don’t hold your breath ;) 









My hotel is, quite literally, right next to both the bus station and the train station.  I can see them from my window. 





I think the coolest part of my hotel room is the bathroom mirror.  It talks.  Just kidding.  BUT!  It does have a section right above the sink that doesn’t get foggy!  At first, I thought this was a fluke.  But it happens every day.  And that section of the mirror is warm to touch, unlike the rest of the mirror which is cool to the touch.  And my travel companion confirms that his mirror also does this trick.  Brilliant!  Kudos to whomever came up with that idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment