Saturday, October 8, 2011

Going to Japan!

On Saturday morning, I packed my bags and headed to the airport.  In prep for my 13 hour flight, I bought an Ipad and loaded it up with movies and tv shows and music.  I also brought my Kindle (with new books) and my Ipod and lots of food!  I got to the airport pretty early (thanks to my roomie for driving me!) and got through security with no issues.  Then they called to board elite and first class and I realized that they were calling rows in both English and Japanese.  This makes sense, as I am going to Japan.  But they would call in Japanese first.  That amused me.  Anyway, they continued and I am 90% certain that they never actually called my row, but at some point, most of the people were on the plane or in line, so I decided that I should be too.  When I got on the plane, I stowed one of my bags in the overhead bin and the dude sitting in the middle seat next to my window wouldn't move, so I had to basically crawl around him to get to my seat.  No big thing, kind of funny though.  The plane ride was pretty uneventful.  A little turbulence at one point but nothing big.  They served me gluten free meals that were....gluten free airplane food.  Not the best, but better than nothing :)  One of my meals included black beans.  Brilliant.  Give me beans, when I am on a plane and have nowhere to go.  LOL.  Anyway, after about 3 hours on the plane, I thought to myself "hey, I'd be in Pennsylvania by now."  After about 8 hours, I was ready to get off of the plane.  But I survived. I watched a couple of movies on their in flight entertainment and a bunch of stuff on my Ipad.  I had concerns about my Ipad surviving the entire flight, but after 5 episodes of How I Met Your Mother and one episode of Erueka and watching The Ugly Truth, I was down to about 75% battery life.  Rock on, I love my Ipad!  We finally got to the Narita Airport and by this time I was mosty exhausted.  Got through immigration, baggage and customs just fine.  Got some Yen from an ATM, bought a bus ticket, bought some water, things like that.  Took the bus (about 2 hours) to Tsukuba where my hotel and the space center are.  Got checked in at my hotel, unpacked the clothes that would continue to wrinkle and went to bed!  I was sooooooooooooo tired by that point.
I took a picture of my gluten free airplane food, but is is on my phone so I can't get it until I get home.  I'll post it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment